Ten (times three) things I love right now…
A special thirty things I love right now… in celebration of my 30th birthday this week-end! Thank you to those who wished me a happy birthday – it was a very nice birthday indeed.
120. That my husband took Friday off to spend with me and the kids. A great birthday gift!
123. These cala lilies – one of my favorite flowers – from my mother in law. Cala lilies have made me smile and brought back memories for me ever since one
of my favorite days ever – spending a few hours on a chicken bus in Guatemala and watching these beautiful flowers line the country side. Such pure white gorgeous flowers in an empoverished country of amazing culture, and amazing people. I find the cala lily reminds me of the guatemalans wonderful nature.
126. That my sister in law got me the book Sewing Green without prompting! She set out to buy Week-end Sewing (a book I had asked for!) but couldn’t find it. I’m happy I have sewing green 🙂
127. That my sister’s gift was meals for my freezer – and that I can even put special requests in. FANTASTIC GIFT!
128. That I’ve decided to start a photo-a-day project. Every year I have good intention of starting it on Jan 1st – and it never works out. I realized I needed to start at a different time of the year – and figured a photo a day – every day that I am 30 – sounds like a good idea! Fingers crossed it goes 365 days!
131. The incredible amount of work that has gone into my garden box. I’m thankful for Adam & my mother’s help. We’ve had to remove a lot of crazy tall ‘over takes everything’ grass, dig & level the boxes and fill… I thought it would be a simple enough project — but it’s proved to be long and made use of
muscles I haven’t used in a long time! Seeing both boxes ready to be planted/seeded makes me incredibly happy!
132. Actually planting some stuff! Now I’ve got just about everything crossed that it grows nicely! Garden Planting Day was such a FUN day at home growing up for me — the kids “helped” – Alexandre planted onions like a pro, with Alexandre like concentration! They have their very own garden beside the garden
133. Lazy week-ends, which is exactly what this week-end was. Bliss.
136. Twinspeak. Alexandre & Elizabeth have full conversation in an obscure language. While I wish I understood it – at the same time, I love that they have this. A twin perk for sure.
140. My fortune from my fortune cookie with Sunday’s dinner: “Planned projects will bring you profit”
142. Fisherman’s pants/skirts. Amazingly clever creations.
143. Eat, Pray, Love. I’m currently reading the book and wishing I was in India.
144. how I’ve gone from watching way too much tv (a while ago) to watching nearly none. We’re cancelling tv for the summer and only getting it back in the fall for sports since my husband is a fanatic!
145. Fireflies – they’re coming 🙂
146. That our new windows are being installed sometime this week (hopefully). We’re changing the size of our upstairs windows – the airflow advantage will be amazing!
147. That FLIP-FLOP weather is finally here 🙂
148. The Bench Monday photo pool on flickr. So fun!
149. The feeling of hope that is very much alive in our home at the moment. happy happy thoughts.