Ten things I love right now…
10. How both my children’s vocabulary seems to have skyrocketed in the last few days. Elizabeth with sentences and Alexandre with a bunch of new words he wasn’t saying.
9. Tickle-fest. Alexandre LOVES to be ticked till he says “ALL DONE” and then seconds later says “again! again! again!” (or ‘encore! encore! encore!’) and Elizabeth comes along wanting the same — but you really have to work at making her laugh the same way cause she’s not nearly as ticklish as Alexandre… for him, you hardly have to touch him and he’s in stiches. Just like his mama.
8. My inspiration board. I’ve had an empty board in my office that I’ve decided to finally convert into an inspiration board. It’s a work in progress — mostly because I really want inspiring things on there and not just “things i come accross TODAY” kind of thing 🙂
7. Crafting without deadline. I LOVED the christmas gifts I created… but it’s nice to not have such a hard deadline 🙂 The next deadline is Valentine’s day (i want to make a little red ‘doll’ and a purple one for the kiddos and a few valentines).
5. Snow days where adults get sent home early from work, like on tuesday 🙂
4. The mass decluttering/purging that took place in my office on Monday. I was oh-so-tired of the mess – and while I still have lots of organizing to do — it feels so much better! If I ever get it all together I’ll post a photo of my space 🙂 I need to organize my crafting supplies properly in my office as well – right now, it’s mostly my business stuff – and my crafting piles are getting bigger and bigger and bigger!
3. The amazing handmade gifts ideas I’ve gotten from amazing crafting people out there that share on their blogs… Last year almost all my gifts were handmade — but this year, I will do even better! I’m also planning on making things to have in my ‘stash’ so that I’m not stuck having to buy something if i’m too last minute. Those ‘last minute pickup something’ gifts are never the best ideas….
2. Our ‘new’ bedroom!! We’ve moved our bed out of ‘our room’ and into the ‘nursery/loft’ — not very far – but it means that I can finally go read in bed in the evenings something that hasn’t happened since the kids were born 🙂 Now, if only the kids would manage to sleep through the whole night in their bed… um….
1. The new portfolio i’m designing. Seriously — I can’t wait to complete one and start using it. If you’ve seen Miss Potter, the movie – it’s very much inspired by the movie. I’m actually taking my time and making sure this is fully well designed and thought of before just “doing”. “just doing” typically leads to mediocre results for me — and I want this to be great 🙂 and…. I have to find the perfect fabrics for it as well before the construction can begin 🙂